Sunday, October 01, 2006

Today was a normal day

If there is such a thing as a normal day...today was it. Since I work at a camp...you know...where people come to get away from it all, renew relationships with God and with each other...since I work at a place like that, a day really shouldn't be normal without a healthy dose of serving food or washing dishes, which I did. By 9:30, I had done more manual labor than some people do all week, but that's really no big deal or anything to be proud about...it's normal life for me.

Around noon, the wife and I left for church in Corpus Christi, TX. We live about an hour from Corpus, but there really aren't any churches nearby that I would attend on a regular basis at this point. It's cool though..we make a day of it. We see friends, eat out, go by cool stores and just hang out together and be normal. It's nice.

We made it home around 6, played with the dog and then went for drive in the 1972 Toyota Landcruiser that I recently acquired. All of it, including the stunning south texas sunset, was normal.

Tonight I decided to blog. Not normal, but maybe it will be soon. Once I decide what I want to ramble about, I'll begin in earnest. Who knows? I could blog about the Landcruiser restoration...my misadventures as a outdoorsman of sorts, the camp antics that will soon ensue or maybe something totally new. We'll see, but hopefully it will be fun the whole time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home