Friday, October 06, 2006

Road Trip

Tomorrow I leave for Diboll. That's right. It's the first Saturday of October during an even numbered year and the winter solstice is approximately 75 days aways...it's Diboll Day time! The time of every other year when the townfolk of my humble hometown invite the area twirling squads, marching bands and and auntique car drivers to fill Loop 210 with festive delight as they dance, march and drive in what is the culmination of weeks and months of preparation. I used to think that it was mandatory wayward Dibollians return home for this event, which was the highlight of my 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9, and 11th grade years in school. (They were all the same so I count them as one highlight that just stopped and started a lot). Turns out that is isn't mandatory, but one had better have a tremendously important excuse or afool proof alibi if they intend to skip out on this ritual. Since I have neither this year and since I was in need of a good reason to take off from work, I will be in attendance this year. I'll write more later, but for now...just sit here for a while and feel the excitement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home