Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Still here....sort of

It's late. I can't sleep. I haven't posted in like 16 years, so I thought it was time to break my blogfast. Things around the camp are steadily drawing me into another whirlwind summer, and that's actually exciting and tiring all at once. Family life is good unless you count having to give my dog these nasty smelling sulfur lime dips for skin allergies. I got to go fishing with Joe Saturday, but it was really, really sad since he caught fish on a fairly regular basis for 3 hours and I caught absolutely nothing...humbling. I guess the biggest thing I've been struggling with lately, or maybe just the thing that has bothered me the most is this: I can't seem to be here...I don't mean here like a physical location, but here in the way someone actually has their mind and body in the same place. It's gotten annoying lately how I can't seem to get my mind in the same room as the rest of me. I've tried getting more sleep, less sleep, more activity, less activity, less caffeine, more caffeine, but nothing really seems to help. I feel like I really need to get away from distractions for a while....no tv, no computer, no work. I remember having that time in my life when, with no distractions, I thought I was pretty focused on grounded, so I know that it is achievable. Hopefully, this weekend on the annual Woodlake Camping Club outing, I will have a chance to sit and stare at a fire for three days, share time, food, and stories with people with whom I have shared life for years. It could be that this is perfect timing for a getaway. We'll see. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

What a surprise to see your second post of 2007...who knows, maybe you'll make it to three per year in 2008. Seriously friend, hope you actually get to blankly stare at the fire for a couple days!

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home