Sunday, October 22, 2006

You probably already know...

If you are reading this, then most likely you know me and won't be surprised that this bit of weirdness is in me. You probably not be alarmed that I think this to be blogworthy, but since this blog really isn't dedicated as a forum for political tirade, religous dogmatism, or NASCAR, I feel safe here sharing the secret that so many people have wondered about. The answer is....

.....yes, I like avocadoes.

Not only that, I really, really like avocadoes in the form of the elusive yet tasty South American sweet spot, aka "avocado milkshake." Yes, I know what your thinking "What the !#$@!"... I too once thought the avocado milkshake (hereafter called "the good stuff") too good to be true. I heard about it from a friend of ours who lives across the lake. She is the same lady who makes popsicles out of Mesquite beans and prickly pears, so how she found out about the good stuff is really just a minor question in the grand scheme of what should be asked for her to explain. Anyway, I like avocadoes and I like milkshakes...a beautiful friendship has been born.

Here's how you do it. You need one small avocado, 7 cubes of ice (approximately 1 cup), 1/4 cup sugar or Splenda, and about 2 cups of milk. It's simple. Put all this in a blender and let the blender do what it does. It should turn a nice shade of green and you should be able to taste the avocado and the sweetener. I like the sugar because it gives a different texture than the Splenda, but Splenda is better for you I think. Give it a try; you'll either love it or hate it. One way or the other, at least you'll have a story about the time to had an avocado milkshake.




Enjoy the good stuff. Cheers.

1 Comments:

Blogger hello jamie: said...

ok, seriously, I love food, but that's the grossest thing I've ever heard.

Also, I'm pretty sure the plural of avocado does not contain an "e" of any sort.

Just my $.02 on food and grammar.

Thanks for finding me.

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home